July 29, 2018
Lavender Blueberry Sorbet
By: Mary Pellegrini
Lavender Blueberry Sorbet is a palette cleansing first course at the Old Parkdale Inn Bed and Breakfast, a dish produced from an explosion of Blueberries and Lavender in Oregon's Hood River Valley.
2 ripe frozen bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
¼ cup lite coconut milk
2 tsp dried lavender
1. Peel ripe bananas, wrap in glad wrap and freeze overnight.
2. Add frozen bananas, blueberries, and coconut milk to food processor or blender and process until fluffy, smooth, and creamy.
3. Add lavender and carefully mix through with wooden spoon.
4. Empty the mixture into a container and put back into the freezer for a few hours to set.
5. When the ice-cream is ready, scoop with an ice-cream scoop, top with fresh fruit. Enjoy
Let us be home base for exploring and enjoying the Hood River Valley and Mt Hood National Forest. After a full day, you’ll love the peace and tranquility of the Old Parkdale Inn. Relax in the gardens, perhaps with a glass of wine from a bottle you picked up at a local winery or our wine cabinet. We can even have a bonfire, roast some s’mores, if you’d like.
Outdoor adventures such as kayaking, windsurfing, skiing, snow boarding, and hiking await. Mt. Hood Meadows, Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, and Timberline Ski areas are only a short drive away, as is the vast Mt. Hood National Forest where trails and wildlife abound. We partner with Mt Hood Meadows and Timberline Ski Areas allowing us to offer discount lift tickets to our guests. Stay at the Inn and take advantage of our partnership with Wet Planet Whitewater to receive $10 your raft adventure.