July 14, 2020
Lavender Blueberry Sorbet
By: Mary Pellegrini
Lavender Blueberry Sorbet is a palette cleansing first course at the Old Parkdale Inn Bed and Breakfast, a dish produced from an explosion of Blueberries and Lavender in Oregon's Hood River Valley.
2 ripe frozen bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
¼ cup lite coconut milk
2 tsp dried lavender
1. Peel ripe bananas, wrap in glad wrap and freeze overnight.
2. Add frozen bananas, blueberries, and coconut milk to food processor or blender and process until fluffy, smooth, and creamy.
3. Add lavender and carefully mix through with wooden spoon.
4. Empty the mixture into a container and put back into the freezer for a few hours to set.
5. When the ice-cream is ready, scoop with an ice-cream scoop, top with fresh fruit. Enjoy
We’ve always maintained health and sanitation standards provided by our county health department. We’ve implemented extra sanitation protocol in all our guest rooms and common spaces as advised by many health departments. We're back in business and taking reservations with our promise of a safe and great escape. Thank you for trusting us to be your home away from home. We've posted our Hospitality and Health Update on our website. Purchase a gift certificate for yourself or loved one.
Let the Old Parkdale Inn be your home base when exploring the Hood River Valley, Columbia River Gorge or the Mt Hood National Forest. Whether your idea of a good vacation is fresh tracks on Mt Hood or relaxing in our gardens with a good book and your favorite beverage, there's something near by for everyone.
Outdoor adventures such as kayaking, windsurfing, skiing, snow boarding, and hiking await. Mt. Hood Meadows, Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, and Timberline Ski areas are only a short drive away, as is the vast Mt. Hood National Forest where trails and wildlife abound. We partner with Mt Hood Meadows and Timberline Ski Area, offering multi-night packages and access to discounted lift tickets. Stay at the Inn and take advantage of our partnership with Wet Planet Whitewater to receive $10 your raft adventure.