Hospitality and Health
Cleanliness and Comfort
We’ve always maintained health and sanitation standards provided by our county health department. We’ve implemented extra sanitation protocol in all our guest rooms and common spaces as advised by many health departments, both local and national.
Oregon is now requiring face coverings in all public spaces, including our bed and breakfasts. We ask that you wear a mask in all common areas inside the Old Parkdale Inn, except of course when at the breakfast table.
When in the privacy of your room or in the gardens, where 6’ of physical distancing is certainly possible, you can breathe freely and deeply. We appreciate your cooperation, helping to slow the spread of covid19 in Oregon. Bring your mask or we do have some available, some for sale, some disposable.
- touch free sanitizer dispensers
- frequent disinfecting of all surfaces, with special attention to high touch items
- Please follow recommended social distancing guidelines (six feet) when near other guests in communal areas
- Should you grab an item out of our gift shop please, if you decide you don't want it, set it on the kitchen counter and we will ensure it is sanitized for future guests
- If you grab a book or travel information please just leave in your room and we will ensure it, too, is sanitized for future guests
- As it's always been, no guests are allowed in the kitchen. Do let us know if you need something
- Routine daily housekeeping service is now limited
- We encourage less co-mingling in the halls and common spaces.
- We removed all non essential items from our guests rooms and will provide a list of available amenities for you to request.
- Disinfecting of all surfaces, with special attention to high touch items
- Hand sanitizers in all guests rooms
- Keys and all items have been sanitized
- Breakfast will be available and, as always, will be served in accordance with all health recommendations. You may choose to dine at our large dining table, in your room or on our patio.
- Restaurants in The Valley are open with safety protocol in place. Some are doing take-out only. Some are doing reserved patio and dining room service. Please support them: BBQ, Pizza, Brews, Wines and Ciders. Bring your meal back to the Inn to dine in our gardens or in your room.
- Many services and businesses in our community have re-opened with safety guidelines in place. Support them by calling ahead of your visit for updates.
- Safe and Responsible Travel: We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate this changing landscape together
- Please remember that there is always some inherent risk in travel as there is in life, but we believe that the rewards are pretty great, so let's work together to keep everybody safe
- If you or any member of your party are sick or showing symptoms, please stay home. We will waive our 7 day cancellation policy should you become ill or feel you have been exposed.