Kiyokawa Family Orchards picked the first apples of the season this week. They posted that the Pristine apples are great for fresh eating, baking, and applesauce! I had yet to make applesauce in the Ninja Foodi so I decided to give it a go.
Pristine Apple Sauce Recipe
- 10# Pristine apples peeled, cored and cut into 1″ cubes (25 apples)
- 3 lemon peels
- 4 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 7 tbs light brown sugar (unpacked)
- 2 Chai spice tea bags
- 3 cups water
- Add the water, cinnamon sticks, the lemon peels, lemon juice, and brown sugar to Ninja pot and stir to combine. Add apples and toss to mix
- Place Pressure lid and make sure it’s in the sealing position and turn toggle to seal.
- Select ‘Pressure’, then high. Set time to 10 minutes. Hit start. When finished do a controlled, carefully allow steam to release in short bursts to make sure nothing spews out, quick release.
This made about 10 cups of chunky applesauce with a little bit of spice. If you’d like more of an apple butter, transfer to a blender and blend to desired consistency, transfer to a pot, add a few tablespoons of butter and cook it down a little bit more.
We’re your home base for exploring and enjoying the Hood River Valley and beyond
After a full day, you’ll love the peace and tranquility of the Old Parkdale Inn. Relax in the gardens, perhaps with your favorite beverage, by the bonfire, roast some s’mores, weather permitting of course.
What’s to do
The Hood River Fruit Loop is located in the beautiful Hood River Valley at the foot of majestic Mt. Hood offering you a variety of wines, fruits, vegetables, flowers, ciders, and food. Outdoor adventures such as kayaking, windsurfing, skiing, snow boarding, biking and hiking await. Mt. Hood Meadows, Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, and Timberline Ski areas are only a short drive away, as is the vast Mt. Hood National Forest where trails and wildlife abound. During the summer months stay at the Inn and take advantage of our partnership with Wet Planet Whitewater to receive $10 your raft adventure.