The Hood River County Fruit Loop is a 35 mile driving tour through the fertile Hood River Valley in Northern Oregon. A collection of farms, orchards, vineyards and wineries, the drive can take as little as an hour but we suggest planning a day or two to get the most out of your journey. As we progress into summer and fall the festivals and celebrations begin. Visit the Hood River Fruit Loop website for a full list of Harvest Event. Here are but a few:
- Celebrate everything Cherry at the Apple Valley Country Store and Packer Farm Place
- Hood River Lavender Days – every weekend in July
- Draper Girls Country Farm U-pick Cherry Bonanza – July
- Packer Orchards & Farm Place Cherry Days – all of July
- Summer Fruit Celebration at the Apple Valley Country Store – all August
- Draper Girls Country Farm U-Pick Extravaganza: Peaches, Pears & Apples
- Sunflower Celebration at Packer Farm Place
- Northwest Mural Fest – August 24-28
- Celebrate the Fall Harvest at the Family Farms along the Fruit Loop
- Packers Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze
- Honeycrisp Harvest at Kiyokawa Farms
- Roy Webster Cross Channel Swim – September 5
- Hood River Valley Harvest Fest – October 7-9
- Hood River Hops Fest – October 1
Enjoy the same fabulous fruit, wines and ciders during the week and beat the crowds
We invite you to read online reviews for the Old Parkdale Inn. And then we encourage you to go directly to our website and Book Direct: for all the right reasons. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Comfortable and Safe
We’re taking reservations with our promise of a safe and great escape. Thank you for trusting us to be your home away from home. We’ve posted our Hospitality and Health Update on our website. Purchase a gift certificate for yourself or a loved one.
We’re your home base for exploring and enjoying the Hood River Valley and beyond. After a full day, you’ll love the peace and tranquility of the Old Parkdale Inn. Relax in the gardens, perhaps with your favorite beverage, by the bonfire, roast some s’mores, weather permitting of course.
What’s to do
The Hood River Fruit Loop is located in the beautiful Hood River Valley at the foot of majestic Mt. Hood offering you a variety of wines, fruits, vegetables, flowers, ciders, and food. Outdoor adventures such as kayaking, windsurfing, skiing, snow boarding, and hiking await. Mt. Hood Meadows, Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, and Timberline Ski areas are only a short drive away, as is the Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood National Forest where trails and wildlife abound.
Book your stay at the Old Parkdale Inn and take advantage of our partnerships for adventure discounts
Stay Play Ski and Relax Vacations – request promo code for discount Timberline lift tickets
Wet Planet Whitewater Adventures – ask us about a discount code for $10 off your raft adventure
Cascade Canyon Guide – request code for 20% off trips
Offers for our registered guests only and must be redeemed during your stay.