Lavender Blueberry Sorbet is a palette cleansing first course at the Old Parkdale Inn Bed and Breakfast, a dish produced from an explosion of Blueberries and Lavender in Oregon’s Hood River Valley.
2 ripe frozen bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
¼ cup lite coconut milk
2 tsp dried lavender
1. Peel ripe bananas, wrap in glad wrap and freeze overnight.
2. Add frozen bananas, blueberries, and coconut milk to food processor or blender and process until fluffy, smooth, and creamy.
3. Add lavender and carefully mix through with wooden spoon.
4. Empty the mixture into a container and put back into the freezer for a few hours to set.
5. When the sorbet is ready, scoop with an ice-cream scoop, top with fresh fruit. Enjoy
We’re your home base for exploring and enjoying the Hood River Valley and beyond
After a full day, you’ll love the peace and tranquility of the Old Parkdale Inn. Relax in the gardens, perhaps with your favorite beverage, by the bonfire, roast some s’mores, weather permitting of course.
What’s to do
The Hood River Fruit Loop is located in the beautiful Hood River Valley at the foot of majestic Mt. Hood offering you a variety of wines, fruits, vegetables, flowers, ciders, and food. Outdoor adventures such as kayaking, windsurfing, skiing, snow boarding, biking and hiking await. Mt. Hood Meadows, Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, and Timberline Ski areas are only a short drive away, as is the vast Mt. Hood National Forest where trails and wildlife abound. During the summer months stay at the Inn and take advantage of our partnership with Wet Planet Whitewater to receive $10 your raft adventure.