Sail in the Heart of the Gorge, on the beautiful classic sloop “WyEast”, in one of the most amazing places on earth.
Heart of The Gorge Sailing is an adventure on a private yacht, for groups up to 6 guests. Experience the power, beauty and romance of the Columbia River Gorge on this warm summer days. WyEast is moored in the Cascade Locks Marina, about 40 minutes from the Old Parkdale Inn and will set sail for the 2021 season Memorial Day Weekend. We’re working with the crew to create a Rest and Set Sail Package. Watch this space.
After a hearty breakfast we’ll send you off with directions to Cascade Locks, the sailboat WyEast and suggestions for ‘after sailing’ in the Columbia River Gorge.
Create your own sailing adventure in the spectacular Columbia River Gorge!
- Help sail the boat, Hoist the Sails, Trim the Sheets and Steer the boat
- Or simply relax, take in the amazing scenery in the Gorge while enjoying the sensation of being on a sailing yacht
- Nothing is better than sailing in the Gorge or Team Building with employees, family or your work team members
- Learn how to sail with the USCG Master Licensed Captain and crew with 40 years+ of sailing and cruising experiences
- Great For Small Romantic Weddings or photo shoots with the best backdrop in the Northwest
- Perfect for: Marriage Proposals, Birthdays, Anniversaries and even Business Meetings
We’re your home base for exploring and enjoying the Hood River Valley and beyond
After a full day, you’ll love the peace and tranquility of the Old Parkdale Inn. Relax in the gardens, perhaps with your favorite beverage, by the bonfire, roast some s’mores, weather permitting of course.
What’s to do
The Hood River Fruit Loop is located in the beautiful Hood River Valley at the foot of majestic Mt. Hood offering you a variety of wines, fruits, vegetables, flowers, ciders, and food. Outdoor adventures such as kayaking, windsurfing, skiing, snow boarding, biking and hiking await. Mt. Hood Meadows, Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, and Timberline Ski areas are only a short drive away, as is the vast Mt. Hood National Forest where trails and wildlife abound. During the summer months stay at the Inn and take advantage of our partnership with Wet Planet Whitewater to receive $10 your raft adventure.